With the new year over a month away already, we are all starting to feel the lag. Procrastination is something that effects everyone, some worse than others, but it’s always there. Here are a few helpful tips on how to avoid procrastination in your daily tasks, until you make it to your much needed break!
- The first thing is always make a plan. Set a goal for yourself, both short term and long term, and then work backward. Figure out what needs to be done first, and then get working! It always feels good to check something off a list so there is a little motivation to start with.
- Then, make sure to switch things up. If you have hit a road block, aren’t sure where to go or can tell nothing productive is happening just move onto another task for a little bit. Just be sure to circle back around!
- It’s important not to stress yourself. When making your plan or as things come up during the week move things around. You need to be realistic in your goals because when there are too many things on your plate you become less productive.
- Don’t forget to make some time for you. If it’s constantly work and no play you will always be procrastinating and stressed out. It’s vital that everyone has a little down time. When you’re at work that means take a break. Get out of the office for lunch. It also means when you leave work for the day or the weekend try to separate yourself mentally.
- The last point, and maybe most important, is be nice to yourself. Everyone procrastinates. Everyone gets stressed out. But be kind to yourself because it’s okay! The hardest part of a project or task (or going to the gym for that matter), is just getting started.
What are your best tips for avoiding procrastination?