Leading an organized life is important, but maybe not something people think about regularly. A lot of time goals are centered around moving forward or upward, with a lot less focus on the now. This can be a mistake because if you focus on yourself or business today rather than in three months from now, you will inherently get to where you want to be without the pressure and strain. This applies both mentally, as well as your physical environment.
To give a little perspective, here are a few benefits of leading an organized life:
- Increased productivity
- Maintaining a better balance (i.e. work, personal, social, family, etc.)
- Better ability to achieve personal goals
- It is more economical
- Provides the tools to get your job done right
While these benefits are pretty straight forward and desirable, the process of getting there is a little more difficult. In order to achieve these ideals there are a couple things that you should avoid doing:
- Don’t procrastinate
- Don’t try to do everything alone
- Don’t take on too much in a short period of time
- Don’t be a perfectionist
- Don’t trust your memory – – write things down!
Of course, this isn’t a comprehensive list and in order to succeed you have to find what works for you. Start here, see how you do and then adjust to your personal needs and goals. Empty out all that unneeded clutter this spring and get organized!