November 15, 2018
Whenever you own a business, there is a highly stressed importance on obtaining clients. You go out and prospect, conduct various marketing events, network and meet as many people as possible. You find people who are interested and you showcase your services to them. If you’re a financial planning firm, you might develop the perfect financial plan for your new customer and send them on their way. However, I think we often forget the importance of maintaining our relationships after the customer has bought our product or service. Whenever you strengthen your relationship with your clients, it increases their loyalty to your services and increases referrals. As a result, this helps and grows the business that you have worked so hard to develop.
Now, I also want to talk about the importance of strengthening relationships between your clients. Whenever your clients feel connected with each other, they will definitely feel more connected to you. How should you go about connecting your clients? I have a few pieces of advice for you!
Firstly, think matchmaker. How could your clients benefit one another? There is a possibility of them becoming business partners, friends, and even golf partners. Approaching this idea could be as easy as saying to your client, “I am planning a fundraising event for a cause that you and another one of my clients, Becky Jones, care strongly about and I think you two should connect regarding ideas!”
Another way to connect your clients is through intimate events that are frequent, preferably every month. The events could range from small dinner parties to golf outings. Also, local events such as running races, yoga events, or wine tastings are a great way to gather your clients. Consistent events will bring your clients together and develop strong relationships.
Have other strategies to grow and strengthen customer relationships? Let us know in the comments below!
September 27, 2018
Referrals, referrals, referrals. We constantly hear how important they are and how it’s one of the best ways to obtain new clients. But, how exactly do we achieve as many referrals as possible? What can we do to differentiate ourselves to ensure that we’re receiving those referrals? One thing I want to discuss is the importance of providing exceptional customer service. If you switch your focus from trying to obtain referrals from every client you see to focusing on providing the best experience possible, your referrals will come naturally. In fact, just one happy client could result in 9 referrals for your firm. Whenever a client feels that a financial advisor is making a genuine effort to understand the client and provides valuable recommendations, they’re more likely to spread the word about you. Therefore, a positive experience is a must when trying to obtain referrals. With that being said, I’d love to provide some basic tips on ways to enhance the customer experience that will result in more referrals for your firm.
Don’t forget the little things about your clients. Is today your client’s daughter’s birthday? Send a birthday card! Keeping the little things in mind will make the client feel special and cultivate a healthy, engaged relationship.
Consistency. Don’t tell the client you will follow up constantly and only do it once. If there is a mistake on your part, don’t continue making the same mistake. Consistency is key when working with clients.
Don’t be intimidated to ask. Of course, providing excellent customer service will be the first option for obtaining referrals. However, don’t ever be afraid to ask for it. If you have worked with your client for quite some time now, feel free to mention something like “If you’ve enjoyed my service and you’re happy with the outcome, don’t hesitate to tell a friend.”
At the end of the day, ensuring a positive customer experience will result in more referrals for your firm.
November 13, 2014
Every time you look for potential business or new customers, you are prospecting for your business. While you may not find gold, you just might find some great clients if you play your cards right. Here are some tips for making your prospecting as successful as possible.
- Digital interaction. Connect with a potential client on LinkedIn. Retweet something they posted on Twitter. Comment on their LinkedIn articles. These small interactions will get you on a customer’s radar and build a relationship before you even talk to them.
- Make a plan. Thinking out your prospecting will make it much easier to keep yourself organized. Schedule time every day to investigate new clients and do research. Taking it in smaller doses can make prospecting less daunting.
- Stick to what you know. Focus your efforts on what you do best. If you are really experienced in email marketing, use that to your advantage! Just make sure you don’t get stuck. Make sure you try new ways of prospecting, too. You never know what might work.
- Think about your words. No matter how many people you call or emails you send, if you aren’t using the right language you’ll never make connections. Really focus on the words you choose, you might only have a few seconds to get someone’s attention.
- Remember it takes time. Sometimes you meet the right person at the right time, but most cold calls don’t end in an appointment. Build up relationships a little at a time to create trust with potential clients. Customers want to work with people they know, so keep in touch to remain in contact with prospects.
Prospecting isn’t always easy. It takes time and practice, just like everything else! If you focus your efforts and take time to plan, you can make the most of your prospecting and have the greatest success.
What are some ways you prospect?