November 15, 2018
Whenever you own a business, there is a highly stressed importance on obtaining clients. You go out and prospect, conduct various marketing events, network and meet as many people as possible. You find people who are interested and you showcase your services to them. If you’re a financial planning firm, you might develop the perfect financial plan for your new customer and send them on their way. However, I think we often forget the importance of maintaining our relationships after the customer has bought our product or service. Whenever you strengthen your relationship with your clients, it increases their loyalty to your services and increases referrals. As a result, this helps and grows the business that you have worked so hard to develop.
Now, I also want to talk about the importance of strengthening relationships between your clients. Whenever your clients feel connected with each other, they will definitely feel more connected to you. How should you go about connecting your clients? I have a few pieces of advice for you!
Firstly, think matchmaker. How could your clients benefit one another? There is a possibility of them becoming business partners, friends, and even golf partners. Approaching this idea could be as easy as saying to your client, “I am planning a fundraising event for a cause that you and another one of my clients, Becky Jones, care strongly about and I think you two should connect regarding ideas!”
Another way to connect your clients is through intimate events that are frequent, preferably every month. The events could range from small dinner parties to golf outings. Also, local events such as running races, yoga events, or wine tastings are a great way to gather your clients. Consistent events will bring your clients together and develop strong relationships.
Have other strategies to grow and strengthen customer relationships? Let us know in the comments below!
July 1, 2014
Email marketing is a great way to get your company out there. Directly connecting with potential business lets people know you exist and what you can offer them – that is as long as they read the email. Sending emails is one thing, but getting your customers to open and read those emails can be more of a challenge. Here are some tips for successful email marketing:
- Keep it personal – People don’t want to feel like they are just another name on a list. Craft your emails so customers feel as though the email is only for them. Pretend that you are only sending the email to one person, people respond to individual attention!
- Trust is important – The point of email marketing is eventually to sell your product or service, but make sure you don’t trick people into signing up or purchasing something they don’t want. Be upfront about how many emails you will send when people subscribe, and what the content will be. Customers will appreciate the honesty!
- Grab their attention – The subject line of your email is the first impression you get to make, so make it count! Use words that are powerful and evoke emotion, but keep it simple! You want enough to make them curious, not bored!
- Short and sweet – Making your emails too long cause people to skip right over them. Your readers are busy, so make your emails easy to read and strait to the point. Make important lines bigger or bold, in case your readers are only skimming the text!
- Repetition is key – Include important links multiple times to increase exposure. People will be more likely to click to your website if there are more opportunities!
- Make it meaningful – Don’t send emails for the sake of sending emails! Only send emails when you have something important or meaningful to say. Customers don’t want to read useless information and will start to ignore emails you send in the future!
Email marketing is a convenient way to keep your customers updated and involved in your business. Focus on your business and your message, people will respond when they know you’re passionate and honest about your product!
How do you use email marketing in your business?