Within this day and age, technology is in every aspect of everything that we do. You can order pretty much anything and plenty of employees have started doing business right in their home. I mean, Amazon has same and next day delivery! Crazy, right? With that being said, online presence is more important than ever before. I’d like to provide you with 5 tips today that you can utilize to ensure effective online presence.
- Make sure the domain is your own, simple, and clean. You don’t want to overwhelm your users by having a long domain. For example: https://www.threepointmarketing.com. The domain of the website is: threepointmarketing and .com. Other examples of domain extensions (.com) include: .net, .info, .co, .org. With all of the different websites nowadays, domain registry is pretty competitive. Here are a few domain extension examples in the financial and legal industries:
.finance, .financial, .investments, .loans, .tax, .legal, .attorney, .lawyer
- Email. After you’ve created your amazing domain, it’s important to make sure that you have a professional email. What exactly does that mean? A lot of the time people use their Gmail and Yahoo accounts which are great resources, but, who seems more credible between these two emails:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Having a professional email truly allows for your prospects and clients to stay confident.
- Easily searchable content. Can I navigate through your website with ease? Does your content stand out? Is it interesting? Here are three effective rules that everyone should utilize when building out or restructuring their website: stay consistent, provide search engines so that users can easily access the information they’re searching for, maximize your media: text, pictures, videos, etc.
- Can I effectively utilize your website through my phone?The answer should be yes. A lot of your clients are on the go and sometimes checking for updates through your website is more convenient for them. According to Impact, 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. Here are some tips on making sure your website is mobile-friendly: don’t make a separate mobile-friendly website, utilize responsive design, structure your font sizes and button sizes appropriately, and use high-resolution images.
- Active Social Media. So, you have this awesome and effective website, contact information and your business “why.” What actions are you taking to make sure your online presence is being “spread?” One great tool for this is being active on social media. Some of those platforms can include Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Some tips on ways you can stay active on those websites include: post content regularly, address any feedback or reply to messages, post on variety of different topics, and most importantly: be friendly, appropriate, and stay relevant.
Have you found success in your online presence? Let us know how in the comments below!