Video content is a great way to communicate your brand to your customers. In fact, 74% of all internet traffic in 2017 will be video according to Invodo. Whether or not you like video content, it’s here to stay. Here are 6 tips for creating great video content.
- Know your audience. It’s important to understand who your target market is for a variety of reasons. But for video, you need to know what kind of content they enjoy watching. Should you film a formal interview, a positive testimonial, a funny monologue? This is up to your company, your brand, and your consumers.
- Keep it simple. It can be easy to make grand plans for creating video content. Maybe you think you should release a video day or use green screen, but think about what you’re actually capable of. Create a reasonable schedule and stick to it!
- Practice Practice Practice. You’re not going to get the performance you want on the first try, so rehearse it! Get everyone in the video to go over the script and vision a few times before you actually shoot! It’ll be easier to film if you feel confident about the performance.
- Give answers. If you don’t have any ideas for what to make a video about, try answering common industry questions. Think about things your clients ask you and make a list. Answer the questions on the video and use it as content on social media or your website.
- Now what? Now that you’ve created your video, what now? There’s no point in making a video that no one will ever see. You have to promote it! Share your content on social media, include it in blog posts or newsletters, and utilize SEO best practices.
Video is the way of the future. Now, you should feel better about creating video content!
What tips do you have for creating video content?