You’ve heard of blogging, and you might have even started your own blog. Good for you! Blogging is the best way to get clients to come to your site organically. You might be having some trouble coming up with ideas, or making sure you’re using best practices. Here are 5 tips to for a great blog.
- Pictures are worth 1,000 words. Make sure to include an image in your post. Make sure you have the rights to the photo, or look for websites with free stock photos. Fill out the Alt Text to improve your SEO. You can use the title of your blog if you would like!
- Make it interesting! Try not to write about the same things over and over again. You want to keep readers involved in your blogs by changing up the topics. Check out this site for a collection of blogs for inspiration.
- Add links. This may seem counterproductive, but make sure to add hyperlinks in your blog. These can link back to other blogs on your site, but make sure to include links to other high traffic sites as well. It’s important that when you hyperlink a word to have it open in other webpage. Don’t have your reader leave your page!
- Focus on your CTA. What is a CTA? It’s a call-to-action. This is what you want your readers to do. That might be downloading an eBook you wrote or requesting an appointment in exchange for their email address and name. This way you know this particular person is pretty interested in your company and can pursue them further.
- Make them look. Make your headline stand out. You want people to take notice and read your blog. You can read our blog about email headlines for inspiration here.
What are some tips you have for blogging?