Every time you look for potential business or new customers, you are prospecting for your business. While you may not find gold, you just might find some great clients if you play your cards right. Here are some tips for making your prospecting as successful as possible.
- Digital interaction. Connect with a potential client on LinkedIn. Retweet something they posted on Twitter. Comment on their LinkedIn articles. These small interactions will get you on a customer’s radar and build a relationship before you even talk to them.
- Make a plan. Thinking out your prospecting will make it much easier to keep yourself organized. Schedule time every day to investigate new clients and do research. Taking it in smaller doses can make prospecting less daunting.
- Stick to what you know. Focus your efforts on what you do best. If you are really experienced in email marketing, use that to your advantage! Just make sure you don’t get stuck. Make sure you try new ways of prospecting, too. You never know what might work.
- Think about your words. No matter how many people you call or emails you send, if you aren’t using the right language you’ll never make connections. Really focus on the words you choose, you might only have a few seconds to get someone’s attention.
- Remember it takes time. Sometimes you meet the right person at the right time, but most cold calls don’t end in an appointment. Build up relationships a little at a time to create trust with potential clients. Customers want to work with people they know, so keep in touch to remain in contact with prospects.
Prospecting isn’t always easy. It takes time and practice, just like everything else! If you focus your efforts and take time to plan, you can make the most of your prospecting and have the greatest success.
What are some ways you prospect?