In the age of social media and cell phones, we sometimes forget that there were ways of communicating without pressing “send”. Back in the day, snail mail was the only way to reach business; but that doesn’t mean you can’t use it today. Traditional marketing is still useful and can be very effective, if done correctly. Here are some ways to make your traditional marketing relevant.
- Don’t bombard your clients. Sending out information everyday is unnecessary and costly. Make sure you are only sending out useful mailings that mean something. Too many boring letters and you’re sure to be ignored.
- Everyone is different. Make your clients feel special by using triggered mailings. Personalize your letters by automatically sending a birthday announcement to someone a week before their birthday. Try changing your message to suit your audience.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. It can be hard to think of new techniques to keep current customers involved and new customers interested. Sometimes all you need are fresh eyes to see what you’re missing.
- Balance is key. While traditional marking is a great way to promote business, make sure you aren’t ignoring the new developments of the future. Be active on social media, while also sending flyers out by mail. This way you hit every target.
- Try new things. Change up your current techniques, even if it’s only for a month or two. Try something different and it could pay off in the long run. Playing it safe in marketing won’t cut it.
How do you use traditional marketing in your business?